ANIMAL CARE AND USE STATEMENT
The International Association of Veterinary Editors has developed a set of consensus author guidelines on animal ethics and welfare for use and adoption by veterinary journals and journals publishing articles that involve animal studies. The IAVE encourages journals to adopt and publish these author guidelines. They include a set of key principles as well as specific recommendations that can be modified further to meet individual journal needs.
Manuscripts will be considered for publication only if the work detailed therein:
1) Follows international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for humane animal treatment and complies with relevant legislation;
2) Has been approved by the ethics review committee at the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted where such a committee exists;
3) For studies using client-owned animals, demonstrates a high standard (best practice) of veterinary care and involves informed client consent;
4) Meets all additional ethical standards set by [journal name], as follows: [describe any journal-specific animal ethics and welfare guidelines here].
Prior to acceptance of a manuscript, to verify compliance with the above policies, the authors must: [journals may opt for one or more of the following]
1) Sign a letter certifying that legal and ethical requirements have been met with regards to the humane treatment of animals described in the study;
2) Specify in Materials and Methods the ethical review committee approval process and the international, national, and/or institutional guidelines followed. We Follows http://www.veteditors.org/consensus-author-guidelines-on-animal-ethics-and-welfare-for-editors